How to Use a 212 Number While Maintaining Your Existing Phone Number | Google Voice
212 Phone Number Sale | The only place where you can buy and get New York 212 area code numbers for your business, cell phone, VoIP & Google Voice
Have you been thinking about buying a 212 area code phone number, but are holding back because you don’t necessarily want to give up your existing home, cell or office number?
It’s understandable to not want to pay for an additional phone number; after all, it often means having to pay for multiple lines of service. 212areacode.com is happy to announce, though, that there is a simple and affordable way around this issue. It’s offered by a company we all know and rely on every day: Google, the service is called Google Voice and is offered for free to everyone and it allows you to enjoy the best of both worlds: a 212 phone number while keeping your old number that your friends and family already know.
What are the Benefits of Google Voice
Google Voice is a great service to pair with 212areacode.com for a number of reasons. Most importantly, it’s FREE and it lets you make use of a 212 phone number without having to commit yourself to a new cellular provider. You don’t have to worry about replacing your existing services, and you don’t have to deal with a double or triple phone bill. When people call you at your 212 phone number, their calls will automatically be routed through Google Voice to the phone number you decide. Your existing cell phone, office phone or land line phone will ring and you’ll be able to take those calls in a seamless and easy way.
Use Different Numbers for Different Purposes
If you’ve had the same phone number for some time, the thought of getting rid of it is probably stressful. That’s especially true if you’ve been using the same work phone number for many years. Customers associate you with your longtime phone number, so switching it over can cause issues. At the same time, a 212 phone number is exclusive and projects an image of success. With Google Voice, your customers will be able to reach you at your longtime number or at your new 212 number with ease.
A Winning Combination
If you’ve been on the fence about getting an exclusive 212 phone number, there’s finally an easy way to do so without committing yourself to a whole new number. You really can have your cake and eat it, too, when you sign up with Google Voice and buy an exclusive 212 phone number from 212areacode.com. What are you waiting for? A 212 number is the perfect way to enhance your image and show people that you mean business. Enjoy the perks of this world-renowned area code without losing the benefits of your existing service by signing up today!
Google Voice has created apps for all smartphone OS’ including iOS (iPhone & iPad), Android and Blackberry.
The app lets you initiate calls using the Google Voice number instead of your current cell phone number, thereby showing the party you are calling your 212 number on their caller ID instead of your actual cell phone number.
What will you need to port a 212 number to Google Voice:
- A Google or Gmail account, if you don’t have one yet simply sign up for one, it easy and free.
- Billing and Porting information for the 212 number, provided to you by us once you complete your purchase of a 212 number.
Porting Your 212 Number to Google Voice
- Read and review all following steps before initiating the porting process.
- 2. Verify that your Google Voice account allows number porting by visiting: https://www.google.com/voice/b/0/porting, (if the number shows as unavailable to port now, no worries. We’ll work to port the number you purchased into a mobile carrier so Google voice can port it in.)
- Input your new 212 area code phone number at the required field and click: “Check”, Google will analyze it to see if it’s eligible for porting.
- If it is, you’ll just click through a few disclaimers – just as you would when opening up a new email account.
- On the next step Google will attempt to call the number you are porting in to complete a “voice Verification”, for this step to complete successfully please use the chat feature on our website to coordinate a time for Google Voice to call the number (in general, if our chat status is ‘online’ we can answer the call immediately), obviously there’s no additional cost and you will be able to use the number usually within 24 hours.
- Next, Google will ask for your personal details such as: address, account number etc. the account has been registered to your name and address, the account number is displayed above, be sure not to enter any special characters such as periods or commas in the address field.
- Use Google Checkout to complete the $20.00 porting fee.
- You will receive an email from Google Voice stating that some information is missing, the info missing is the PIN and last 4 of the SSN number, follow the link in the email and input the PIN for both fields as displayed below (you might have to wait 10-15 minutes before you can fill out these fields).
Google voice only allows mobile numbers to be ported into their system, if the number shows as unavailable to port now, no worries. We work to port the number you purchased into a mobile carrier. This porting process can take 2-3 days and as soon as the number is ready for porting into your Google Voice account, we’ll send you concise and clear instructions on how to complete it.
How come some of the numbers show as ‘Unavailable’ for porting to Google voice?
Google voice only allows mobile numbers to be ported into their system, we’ll work to port the number you purchased into a mobile carrier. This porting process can take 3-5 days and as soon as the number is ready for porting into your Google Voice account, we’ll send you concise and clear instructions on how to complete it.
Read more about the porting process to Google Voice on support.google.com/voice/
Comments are closed